Sunday, October 19, 2014

Readathon Wrap-up

I'm back, as promised! First off, thanks to everyone who came by and left comments encouraging me. Even if I didn't respond, I did read them and I appreciate them! And now for my wrap-up survey.

Which hour was most daunting for you?
Probably hour 19 and into hour 20. I was so exhausted at that point (it was 11pm my time) and I had already worked a shift that afternoon, so I was just wiped.

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Anything Sarah Dessen, Also, the Matched series! one I finish Date or Soulmate? I will be reading Matched next, so watch for that review!

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
While I understand the doorprize drawings were random, I saw a lot of repeat names. (Meaning they won multiple prizes.) That was a little frustrating for me, because that means so many people got nothing! I think if a blogger already won a prize, they should not be able to pick out a second one. However, since mini-challenges are different, that would be an exception. Also, I didn't feel like I got cheered for very much this year. I loved that last year, because it kept me motivated. This year I struggled with motivation, and I think more cheerleaders could have helped me.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Having the fun little videos on each hour's post! It broke up the looong mundane reading periods, and made much more fun.

How many books did you read?
2.5!
What were the names of the books you read?
Praying for Your Future Husband, Scars, and partway through Date or Soulmate?

Which book did you enjoy most?
They were all great, but Scars impacted me deeply. I really enjoyed it.

Which did you enjoy least?
Probably Date or Soulmate? I always read at least 100 pages before marking a book as Did Not Finish (DNF) and I was concerned this book would be the case, as it started reallllly slowly. As I got further in, it became more enjoyable.

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I would definitely like to do the April one! I've only ever done the October one. I don't think I can handle being a cheerleader yet, because I want to focus on my reading goals more.

So there you have it readers! As for my huuuge goal of 1000 pages, I didn't come close. My realistic goal was 500 pages, and I almost made it! My grand total of pages read was 414 pages! Not bad, considering I worked 4 and a half hours, took a couple naps, and bowed out at hour 19! Next readathon I'm really gonna try and hit that 500 page mark.

How did you guys do on your goals? I'd love to hear them! Thanks for sticking around during the readathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs images from the Wonder Emporium kit by MK-Designs