Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review - Lydia's Charm


This is the synopsis from Amazon:

Widowed and jobless, Lydia King moves her son and herself to Charm, Ohio, to be close to her mother and help with her grandfather. Menno Troyer, a furniture store owner, is also recently widowed and the father of four energetic boys. Levi Stutzman, another newcomer to the area, is the only one in his family not handicapped by dwarfism and has dedicated his life to caring for them. As fall colors the countryside, will anonymous gifts left for Lydia bring her hope for a new life and romance, or will another tragedy flood her with infinite despair?

My review: 4 stars

Plot: I didn't like that she was going back and forth between two men. However, it made for an interesting storyline and was fairly enjoyable throughout.

Characters: Some of the characters were a little arrogant for my taste. I felt that the many deaths that occurred were also unnecessary and only added to the high conflict between the other characters.

Setting: I love Amish stories and towns, so I loved reading about the quaint shops!

Overall: I really did like this book, despite the small flaws I noticed. A great Amish read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every comment on my blog and respond personally to each one. Feel free to share your blog link as well so I can comment and follow back! Have a great week!

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs images from the Wonder Emporium kit by MK-Designs